Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Soldier's Angels - Blankets of Hope

My daughter's white with patriotic curled edge border afghan

My Red, White & Blue Afghan


At a Spring show I noticed a friend of mine crocheted a beautiful blanket. I asked her about it and she told me she was crocheting blankets for soldiers in Military Hospitals. I knew that my daughter was learning to crochet and she would be interested in a project like this. Mary completed her afghan in the Spring but inspired me to get started on one. I just completed my first afghan - a red, white and blue striped one. We will be sending them off in the next few weeks. Hopefully these will brighten the spirit of two of our heroes! I am already planning my next afghan. I hope to pick up some camouflage yarn and mix in some other colors. I cannot wait to get started on the next one!

If you are interested in learning about how you can make a blanket I have the guidelines for the blankets (sizes, etc., and where to mail them) and would be glad to email them to you. They can be made of fleece, crocheted or knitted.

1 comment: