Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hoping for a better year!

Happy New Year to All! It has been awhile since I have updated my blog - I hope to change that this year! The year started off badly - my little dog was diagnosed with Megaesphagus which means her esphagus is enlarged (forming a pocket) and the food cannot go down her throat so she regurgitates all of it back up. It is life threatening because particles of food and acid can back into her lungs causing aspiration pneumonia. The only treatment for it is for me to feed her several small meals a day holding up upright for the eating part as well as holding her upright for 20-30 minutes afterward. Luckily for me she is a small dog (9 pounds) which makes the holding part much easier! She is an energetic and happy dog so putting her down was not an option for me. Hopefully she will continue to live a happy and healthy life. When she was diagnosed the vet said one to one and a half years. The feeding and holding part is very time consuming and does not leave much time for my business. Hopefully I will get in a routine and find more time to devote to my website and retail business.

No comments:

Post a Comment